Feb 20, 2010

Someone

The meeting had been scheduled a few times, but two busy guys tend to have to cancel often. Finally, after countless emails - a meeting time & place was secured.
By this time, the reason for the meeting had been forgotten, but that wasn't a concern. See, Chad & I are both writers. We are both into filmmaking. We are both into making things happen.

We wanted to sit down and discuss our projects, past, present, & future over coffee. Conversations got sidetracked, but then they always get back on track.

I was axious to hear about the book he has an editor reviewing and about a TV show script. He checked out the basis for my work in progress book.

My coat still smells like Starbucks.

Often, when I'm surrounded by people like Chad and my RoomMate Productions' associate Eric, I get refueled. Often times, I'm surrounded by no one else but me, myself, and I. By myself, I'm not as creative.

I think as writers, we need someone else to bounce ideas off. Someone that understands our (writer's) block and isn't so quick to judge.

Someone that can provide feedback - contructive with a side of encouragement.

Someone willing to read the early crap drafts...

Someone to ask, "how's the writing going" and actually be interested in the answer.

Like someone that is our own accountability partner... without these people in our lives... wouldn't the process of writing be that much harder?

Writers:
Weigh in. Do you have someone to meet up with regularly to talk writing and all things related?

No comments: