Jan 18, 2010

Steal Your Dream

My main life-long dream is to have a book deal, to be known as an author; a writer with a unique voice and in the end, leave a legacy in print form.

While I may have a day job, my life-long dream doesn't leave my mind. As with my writers, I have a 'burning desire to write'.

Finding the time and the space to write with the right ideas is tricky and I usually lack in those areas.

Publishing in itself is even harder. Much of my time thinking and financial resources (buying books about writing) are devoted to this end dream. It may take years to decades, but I believe it can happen.

I was aware of this dream from an early age. Early on when I was learning about the rules of English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation and was so bad at it that teachers couldn't believe I wanted to be a writer.

In high school, my creative writing teacher acknowledge my unique voice and is eager to read my future writings.

As with many, my family & friends provide bottom-less encouragement.

Writing is a dream that is inside my head and no one can steal it. It isn't theirs to take from me.

Writers Bookstore:
Inspiration for Writers

No comments: