Feb 8, 2010

The Other Side of the Story

The other side of the story is the blood, sweat, & tears an author puts into his book. Each author puts a little bit of themselves into their books. They want to convey a message to the reader.

Writing a book takes time. Time that the author could do whatever they want, but they have a burning desire to pen their words in hopes that readers would appreciate their work through buying the book and providing feedback.

The book is a story, sure - but what it took for the author to get to that story - is a story of itself.

Writers:
Do you have any stories about how your book(s) came to be?

1 comment:

Philosopher's Mess said...

I think a lot of stories just kind of "pop" into existence. Also I know a lot of my stories and writings come from my dreams, which I think happens with a lot of writes, for example Kirk Cameron, had a dream a machine was chasing him, which became the basis for "Terminator".

I saw your pushing King's "On Writing", I found that book very inspirational as well. Another good book, with a lot of writing adivce, is Asimov's "Gold". Anyways, I enjoy your page and reading your posts.