Mar 17, 2013

Left Unsaid Writing Soundtrack

Below is a list of songs to listen to when I'm writing Left Unsaid and a few lyrics that struck me about the song as it relates to the book.

"When it Was Over" by Sara Groves
"what on earth made you stay here when you finally figured out what I was all about?"

"Epiphany" by Staind
"forget all the things I should have said"

"Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
"would you lie with me & just forget the world?"

"Fair" by Remy Zero
"...and all my words were bound to fail"

"Glitter in the Air" by Pink
"the breath before the kiss"

"What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts
"I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heard that I left unspoken"

"How to Save a Life" by the Fray
"...between the lines of fear and blame"

"Silence" by Jars of Clay
"...scatter pieces of all I've been"

"Ever the Same" by Rob Thomas
"...just let me hold you while you're falling apart"

"Awakening" by Sara Groves
"...speak to my pain and confusion"

"Two is Better than One" by Boys Like Girls
"I remember every look upon your face"

"Good Enough" by Sarah McLachlan
"I never would have opened up, but you seemed so real to me"

"Much Afraid" by Jars of Clay
"so scared to fall I might not get up again"

"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum
"...and I wonder if I ever cross your mind"

"Simon" by Lifehouse
"...traded your worth for these scars"

"Everything" by Lifehouse
"...how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?"

"Chocolate" by Snow Patrol
"...but in truth I'm lost for words"

"In Your Hands" by Bebo Norman
"...my heart and my hopes, they're in your hands"

"Jealous Kind" by Jars of Clay
"I'd rather feel the pain all too familiar than to be broken by a lover I don't understand"

"Make This Go On Forever" by Snow Patrol
"The final word in the final seconds you ever learned to me was love"
"You say it is much more than just my last mistake"
"My words just break and melt"


No comments: