Feb 15, 2013

Best Literary Content Writing Tips

The 9 Best Literary Content Writing Tips Ever Written
"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it."
~ Elmore Leonard

"Easy reading is damn hard writing."
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

"One thing that helps is to give myself permission to write badly. I tell myself that I’m going to do my five or 10 pages no matter what, and that I can always tear them up the following morning if I want. I’ll have lost nothing—writing and tearing up five pages would leave me no further behind than if I took the day off."
~ Lawrence Block

"You can make anything by writing."
~ C.S. Lewis

"Do not hoard what seems good for a later place in the book, or for another book; give it, give it all, give it now."
~ Annie Dillard

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
~ Benjamin Franklin

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
~ Mark Twain

"The first sentence can’t be written until the final sentence is written."
~ Joyce Carol Oates

"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
~ W. Somerset Maugham

No comments: